Typically, your brake warning light being on means your parking brake is engaged, but if you’re still seeing the red (or orange) warning on your dash while the parking brake is disengaged, you’re going to need to get your brakes inspected as soon as possible.
How do you reset the brake service interval on a BMW?
How do you reset the brake warning light on a BMW 3 Series?
Push and hold the “BC” button of the turn signal stalk until it states “Reset?” let go of the button and push the button back in and hold, a little clock will come up, once the clock graphic besides the reset goes away let go. Turn the car off and resart as normal.
How do you reset the maintenance light on a 2013 BMW?
To reset the service light on a 2013 BMW 1 Series, you should: Turn the ignition on but do not start the engine. If the vehicle is push-to-start, press the start button without pushing down the brake pedal. Hold down the odometer or trip reset button until the service menu appears.
How do you reset the brake sensor on a 2015 BMW 328i?
How do I turn off BMW service notice?
- Turn on the vehicle’s electrical systems but do not start the engine.
- Press and hold the small odometer button near the bottom left corner of the instrument panel until the service message appears.
- Release the button, and press and hold it again until the message says “Reset?”.
How do I reset my service parking brake?
- Switch the ignition to the ON position and shift the gear lever in PARK.
- Pull and release the EPB button to activate the electric parking brake.
- Pull and hold the EPB button until you hear a mechanical sound, then release the button.
How do I turn off BMW brake notification?
Use the reset button or, depending on the model, the controls on the turn signal lever to scroll through the settings until you find the brake warnings. Hold the reset button or BC button on the end of the turn signal lever until you see a prompt to reset the warning.
How do you reset the brake light on a dashboard?
- Push the brake pedal a few times to ensure contact between the brake pads and discs.
- Switch the dashboard off for a few seconds.
- Turn the dashboard back on again and see if the light still remains. If the brake warning light is still illuminated, then seek assistance and advice.
Why is my brake reset unsuccessful on BMW?
The warning means the sensor was tripped. Once tripped it must be replaced to do a reset. You also may need to clear the fault codes with an OBD diagnostic tool before a reset is possible. If you replace the sensor and try to reset and it still says “reset impossible” you’ll definitely need a scan tool.
How do you reset the maintenance light on a 2013 BMW 320i?
- Close the hood, trunk and all doors.
- Press the START/STOP button once (do not start the engine).
- Press and hold the TRIP/RESET button until the service message screen appears.
- Press the TRIP/RESET button repeatedly to access different service options (Engine Oil, Front Brake Pads)
How do I clear the maintenance required code?
How do I reset my BMW 328I?
- Turn your car on, but do not start the engine.
- Find the small odometer button near the bottom left of your instrument panel and hold it down until the service message appears.
- Release and hold the button again until you receive a prompt to reset.
How many brake sensors does a BMW 328i have?
There are two sensors, one for the front and one for the rear.
How do I reset my electronic parking brake BMW?
Why is my BMW saying service?
Service Vehicle: When this light is red, your BMW is overdue for service. When it’s yellow, it means your BMW is due for service soon. In either case, it’s best to schedule a service appointment as soon as possible.
How do I change my BMW service history?
How do you reset the red exclamation mark on a BMW?
Press in the end of the stalk to select. Press and hold for about 5 seconds and a tick should appear then just drive off and it will reset on the move.
What does it mean when your car says service brake system?
Your brake pads are worn. Depending on your car make, model, and year, your service brake system light may become illuminated when the brake pads need to be replaced. However, like with brake fluid contamination, your car may not alert you to the need for new brake pads with a light.
What does it mean when it says parking brake service required?
It illuminates to show that the parking brake or emergency brake is engaged and must be released before driving. If it remains lit after the parking brake is released or if it turns on and off intermittently while you’re driving, it means you need to add brake fluid.
Why does my BMW say brake?
‘Brake’ means your pads are worn and triggered the pad wear sensor. Check the pads on the drivers front first.
What does it mean when BMW says brake?
The word “BRAKE” in red indicates a potentially serious problem with your brake system. You should know how to check your brake fluid manually, too.
How do you reset the brake fluid on a BMW 328i?
Why is my brake light on in my BMW 328i?
When the break wear indicator illuminates and stays on while the car is running it means the pads have reached the minimum thickness and need to be replaced. Visual inspection will show some remaining pad left, but it just means the pads are at a minimum.